Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Developing My Personal GAME Plan

One of the NETS-T indicators that I would like to improve is to: address the diverse needs of all learners by using learner-centered strategies providing equitable access to appropriate digital tools and resources. I recently had a smart board installed in my classroom. Up until now I have not been using this board up to its potential. This summer I am scheduled to get training on how to use the board as an interactive tool. I have researched several interactive websites that will help me teach science concepts and use the board as it is intended.

Another indicator that I would like to improve is to: engage students in eploring real-world issues and solving authentic problems using digital tools and resources. I am always looking for ways for students to be engaged in their own education instead of simply listening to me talk. It is my goal to add at least one activity to each class that engages the studetns without them learning content by reading from a textbook or listeninng to me talk. I think that it is crucial to have students use technology to help guide them through things that they need to learn.

3 comments:

  1. Mark,

    You are so lucky to have access to a SMARTBoard; once you start using it daily you will be truly lost without it. One way to help you reach this goal is by using the SMART website (http://smarttech.com/us/Solutions/Education+Solutions). Here you can access the SMART Exchange to view lessons and connect with other educators. This exchange gives you the ability to take lessons from other educators that were created through SMART technologies to use in your classroom. Also, they have videos that can walk you through certain tasks, and you can even get professional development by connecting to live feeds! I have had the opportunity to work with SMART trainers throughout the year and across the nation and their site will take you through that exact training. This is just one easy way to help you reach your goal.

    Good luck, and if you need anything do not hesitate to ask.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christina,

    I looked at a few of the things on the link that you posted and they are awesome. Thank you so much for the link. I think it will be very helpful.

    Thanks,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mark,

    I really like your ideas and can definitely see ways in which for the students to be better engaged through the use of SmartBoard technology. I'm also taking a course this summer to incorporate more of these elements into my every day instruction. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete